A friend who Stood in the Rains
I found a frog on my way back home
Gazing on the grasses newborn
Its cacophony was silent as winds
And yet I felt it was a messenger;
When the first of frogs hit your shores
The rains have come - the men long said
But gazing at it in the silent showers
Its eyes inspired my thoughts to tread;
The world's so changed, it whispered I felt
And I looked at my overslept mate in awe
The dust was wet and concrete had crept
He could feel the world had a new dawn;
And it indeed noticed me I felt
For we shared a love of tears
The shimmer of drops fell on us
And we both felt glad to bear;
The sky was dark and land loose damp
The moon shone upon the quenched lands
And there I stood for a moment to look
And there he sat where even eternity shook;
There was silence both within and without
Living in the glee below those heavenly clouds
I walked away and it still sat
Maybe awaiting another friend deep down.
I found a frog on my way back home
Gazing on the grasses newborn
Its cacophony was silent as winds
And yet I felt it was a messenger;
When the first of frogs hit your shores
The rains have come - the men long said
But gazing at it in the silent showers
Its eyes inspired my thoughts to tread;
The world's so changed, it whispered I felt
And I looked at my overslept mate in awe
The dust was wet and concrete had crept
He could feel the world had a new dawn;
And it indeed noticed me I felt
For we shared a love of tears
The shimmer of drops fell on us
And we both felt glad to bear;
The sky was dark and land loose damp
The moon shone upon the quenched lands
And there I stood for a moment to look
And there he sat where even eternity shook;
There was silence both within and without
Living in the glee below those heavenly clouds
I walked away and it still sat
Maybe awaiting another friend deep down.
![]() |
| From Google (several sites offered this) |

Comments
Post a Comment