How time looked like...

Many, many years ago, in the kingdom of Stint, there  dwelt an artist famous for his presence of mind and unique portrayal of abstract ideas. You can say, he was an ancient modern artist.  ๐ŸŽจ
Such was his merit and popularity that many began to flock in his exhibitions. Years went by. It was time for his last exhibition. The king of Stint had himself turned up for it. Everybody expected a priceless piece of art in it. However, the cheif exhibit was a painting that showed a man bald from behind and hairy from front, his entire face covered with hair, thick golden hair. It looked gruesome, of course it should.
The king seemed amused. The ministers tried to show it as an insult to all men and to the king. The king too grew furious. It was his first time he had come there and the man had kept this as his cheif exhibit?! He summoned the artist and asked him to give an explanation.
The artist spoke, "my lord, I am an old man. For years, I've invested myself in my art. This painting shows what I learnt in all these years". He paused. Then he said," you see, mi' lord, this man you see is time. He is very hairy from front, when he come, you can catch him at once. But is bald from back, and oily too...( Giggle๐Ÿ˜„). When he goes, not even prongs can catch him". The man concluded, " this is what I learnt my lord. I wanted to share this before I die hence, I did". 
The artist bowed as all others around him rose to clap and cheer. He had taught them something more than just human ego, he had taught them that there is no ego in front of time. It goes when it feels like and cannot return. The hall was ringing with a chorus of praises and claps. The king too bowed to his great elder in reverence...๐Ÿ˜‡

(The story was told to me by my father, who as a traveller has heard many...)

Comments