A short tale


Image result for life

Far in the alleys of Dusk,
I stood alone gazing.
In the long shadows of Fallen trees,
I stood alone in contempelation
The principalities rose - stood like stone
But fell they soon in the world's winds alone
I stood alone in examination
And there I saw a distant light
The eyes that gaped now shrank
And in awe I looked down on Earth
I knew it was my life's role that now ran.
A little boy - so full of trust, innocence the majestic thrust
A young man who for his choices ran
A young adult - moved by norms
An old fella - who now understood the pranks, and yet
For the love of pranks he fell
The pranks of that little innocence
The same story which now was someone else's shell
And as my stupor faded to dawn,
I woke up the bed with the stingiest yawns. 

Comments