By the Bazaar

Image result for bazaars of India


The lights are sharp 
In the dim waves of night
Glowering in those flashy beams
Insects mark their flight;

Sitting on racky shafts
Singing in a hum,
Hawkers crawl and bend and dance
Calling their stuff out names;

Infused in the airs with sound
Are the fumes of the fair
Jasmin in oils and Lavender in soaps
For half a dollar is a little rose;

Lit in this carnival time,
Beaming with the glow of life
I stand bargaining at a little shop
Making the toys today my last stop;

And singing, dancing with hawkers' calls
The toy entertained the evening through
In cute small hearts 
A laughter they brew;

And the occasional dust  that rises through walks
Filters the light in the eve of dusk
And as I leave this one small world with talks
I feel my heart lost in a worldly thrust;

As the clouds enamour the moon
I gaze at it like a silent loon
But realizing that the world I left behind is dying
All I can do is to contemplate the time flying... 

Comments