Dear Rain

Image result for rain
Rain so sweet as a sugary treat
Rain - as ugly as orc
Rain so wild as thoughts discreet
Rain a pianist on rocks;

Rain aren't you a little queer
And not just some poet's hope
You a patter on the holy grail
You a quencher of souls

But sometimes you come as tender as rivers
But take away all hopes;
And as your father has always feared
You elope quaintly to the shores...

Dear rain, the princess of skies
As lovely as a dove
Why don't you sit to think
And fall with someone in love?

There are perils you see
On the stony creeks to hell
Where though you yet blossom life
It is just a fact to tell

Dear rains, there have been times
When you fell down with my tears
The smell you left on the earth around
Killed in its love my fears

Many stories when I was a child
Are written in your laps
Many steps that I in my youth danced
Were performed on the flutes of your taps

Yet someday I know I will
Become just a patter to your spells
There I shall be a friend to you
Flying eternally in Anemoi shells

Dear rain, please take me someday
When I shall have crumbled to dust
So, that yet another journey of life
I shall support life's thrust...

Comments