I stride past the holy halls
I strode past the vines;
I strode past the sun and clouds;
I strode past all skies
And nowhere did I find it out -
The little facets of my prime.
I strode for love
I strode to win
I strode with doves with coy;
I strode alone for so many lives
It seems my strides were a decoy;
And yet nowhere did I find it out -
My little facets of joy.
How many-a-times have I heard it out
The poets burn in heat
When they see a simple sight
A flying aviary fleet.
The birds - they say
Don't work for fun - They just go on flying,
Their human heart confined here to dust
Feels the pain - goes crying...
Still I move, alone I see
A willow wailing loud
Crying out to the lord, he says
Give me some little sprouts;
I care not, for I still have to find
Something to call a spree
And yet nowhere did I find it out
My little facets of glee.
Down flows the holy river
She sings and dances and enchants
Seducing the sun by shining in gold
She wails as it becomes dark.
I - another a suitor
Fell in love with her ways
Now that she seemed silver and fair
Rest along her bays
How sweet is the moon tonight
How sweet are the clouds
How sweet everything seems around
How calm is the ground.
Indeed in rest did it I found
It that I searched for long
Not in the angst of failing around
But in the peace of flee
There at the end when I let it go
On the banks of the resting flow I found
And thus Indeed her I found
the felicity that I searched all around...
![]() |
| I obtained this image from Somita Chakarvarty art... |

Comments
Post a Comment