Often I ponder

Often I ponder on these natural wonders
So many have I in past made blunders
Never  a thought did I give to life
Wondering never on those mellow strides

So much we leave in the ancient halls
That seldom we dare to look back at all
And often in this flimsy war
I find myself at your little door

It is a wind I found that was locked in vaults
It was locked to preserve some glee
It is a shallow river to trinket's eyes
But to the owner - it's the sea
And again and again it gushes forth                                                                                                          Breaking rocks that held it hitherto

Swaying in the  tranquil breeze,
It leaves away a frailing me

Often I ponder on these natural wonders
So many have I in past left
Never did I want to feel them ahead
But never did I ever part with them

Often I ponder, and that is my wonder... 

Image result for ponder modern art
Painting by Michael Ponder, sorry if copyrighted...
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Comments