This one life...#1

Searching in this one life...


Not long ago, when I used to walk on the road,

When warm was the space, little was the snow;
That was long ago, it seems to me,
Yes that was long ago...

Yearning nothing but the need to love
Yearning nothing but the creed to love
Yet what I saw was but greed
Spawning slowly in the gardens its seeds,
In this one life...

So much I pondered on the meaning of mine,
So much I lost time sublime,
So much I assessed myself and thy
So much I went through in pain all time
So much I felt,
In this one life...

So much I yelled,
So much I cried
So much I felt
So much I tried
So much I failed not long ago
That I felt abashed to lead
In this one life...

There is death
Which I feared for long
Then one day I felt love so strong
Yet again I was choking for help
All I did again was to but help
I have searched it for long
It not just came but offered help along
I have spent many years of mine
Which I borrowed
From this one life...

I remember some little shards
Shards of life and its beloved bards
For long for me had peace in them dwelt
In others songs, my angst knelt
And yet have not I reconciled with past
Singing songs that press it hard
I know not how much I have time
But I never wanted them to move in me
In this one life...

At the end, I feel I am dark
Yet in me there is light's Hallow shard
I live on their meticulous design
Not balanced yet shallow sublime
And all I seek is a gladdened air
A breath of improvisation fair
To grow a little each day in sight
To make each day a bit fairer
In this one life...

Dear lord, full of rhymes so sweet
Someday you and I shall meet
Singing our songs to the eternal time
There shall I lay to rest
This one life...

Image result for cycle of life







Comments