The nights of the evening

For long for the roof of me house
I was a little abbot
Gazing at the distant friends - the dusk, the stars the moon.
Lost here in a foreign land - 
a place that knows no dark
There are no skies lit or dim
But a dark nowhere of shallow whims

Dinner past, seated on grass
A sudden gust and all was dark
And I felt a glee flow in the eye
When through the dreary leaves of heaven -
I caught a glimpse of the sky
There they shone - just like dew on leaves
There it was - my faithful company.

But no end's so sweet like the ones of child
There was soon glow from the petite lights
And they were lost yet again from sight
But deep in me, I knew my friends alright

They still stand as a memoir of thee
We only recall in the tranquil of glee...



Image result for starry night


Comments