Old Diaries - I am Me

I was inspired to write this song after I wrote the first I am poem. 

I am Me 
Dated: 01st December 2017

I am me.
You are you.
You see - we aren't one but two!

I love to talk - sometimes not
I love to read - for which I need to plead
I love to sing - At least my bathroom rings
I love to laugh - else my spirits half
I love to hear - So I can - bear

The tounges of men - thousands in count
Chuckle the buckle of their throats to shout
And me they call to the banks of a river extreme
And they shall be but the flowers on banks
I - but a butterfly - wings long spread 
Shall see them go past yet fly

Is it it? I often think.
Am I just a worldly cling?
And you then come as a flower to say
Ready to spread nectar on the way.
And then I fly again to the skies -
A bird now realizing my might
Where to go - where is the stop
And then I realize my earnest spot.

The sun has to be it
The moon has a life too short to live
The Earth yet has a taste of both
Sorry but is bereft of warmth of its own
We all have a purpose you see
Hence I say
You are you and I am me....


Related image
Used from the Lisasell.co.uk image

Comments