In the Cave
I laid bruised
Scarred through the chest
Blood down the knee
Heat up the head
There was a cave around
And there was moss
And then was a silent river
And then was a sombre rock
There I had my songs enough
And then I had some thoughts
And then I had some pain to deal
And then I had the walls
And I laid there
Like a fallen rose
And then I had drowsy eyes
And in the sleep deep down I froze
I was a broken self
Tis' I felt and pitied
I needed help
Tis' I cried and moaned
Tired was I
Foraging glee
Pained was self
Giving but plea
The blood was dry
When from sleep I woke
The river had a song
For a traveller gipsy unknown
The tears slept not
When a traveller arrived
He sang his songs
To make me bright
And the world seemed all light
In that cave so dark
And I felt a smile
A glee to embark
![]() |
| from study.com, copyright directed in images |

Comments
Post a Comment