No Melodies, no rhymes

I stood gazing, aye yet again
Into a realm, I had fathomed by then
Deep into the crevices by its walls
I saw in those millions of shadows
A light that refused to fall.

She was haunted, she was looked
She was blunted, she was told to be a crook
She steadily defied those calls of men
Holding steadfast to her lighted chain

Declared an outcast in her little world,
The men beyond the wall, curses on her they hurled.
Her shining light gave them no peace
Their eyes pained and their flesh burnt
In the presence of that ignited bird.

Tis no song of melodies and rhymes
Tis the episode of the bird's crime
Her existence a pain to the world in the walls
Her light a guide that poets don't let fall.

She cried when thrown deep in dark
The critics pleaded her not to lose her spark
But she faded everyday - a little everynight
And through the crack of the ancient wall - I watched eyes lose sight.

She cried and screamed
And yelled and chirped
Seduced and cursed
From dark to dark

But lost in the echoes of the dreary room
She found herself dark as gloom
She was dark as the night sky
And the cage was thrown open for her to fly

She chirped merry as she flew in the dark
The pale men of dark now laughed
And I shed a drop from the eye
But smiled when I saw her fly

It was not her fault to be shining like sun
But is difficult to say why I held my smile

Tis no song of melodies and rhymes
Tis the episode of my eyes and drives
The world's a difficult space to sit
Silver linings are usually hard to hit.


Image result for the bird of light
from Haiderium wallpapers. Just as I wanted



Comments