Lost

Down the rivers that I often quote
Lived a tree that guides
And I the visitor it often saw
To me it meant life

There was a tree- strong to root
And I loved it very much
And yet in the wonder of its aura and might
I shook it all along

Every day I woke and talked
Talked to the mighty grove
 And everyday I shook it a little
To my utter dismay and yet little glee.

Its leaves like petals fell to my toes
And I inside cried
But losing control of my little hope
Everyday the same I tried

It stood firm 
even in the days of pain
And we grew really close
And to my surprise I had my head
I had at the end the control

But one fine day, of
when my senile friend
Had one last leaf standing
I shook unknown to me
And the petal fell rocking

The winds were calm
I knew not why 
But I was too timid to cry
Innate within a part of me
I know in this stretch had died

I saw it weep deep within
And then severed the ties
For what was left not was hope
For me in its eyes

Today I did a mighty job,
I broke free of good
I broke away from the last of my men
Now all I've left is wood.


For the first time, an image I clicked

Comments