Why do I hate, oft am I asked
Why in silence I live,
Why to my songs alone I dance.
Oft do they say, you live like a loon
Oft do they quote, fella you're a unique balloon.
Oft and I state have they never even asked
Well knowing the facts at hand -
The loon's gonna pass.
Why don't you play, just like them who live?
Why don't you say, like the others born from a rib?
Why don't you speak the words deep in heart?
Why don't you believe, we'll listen but not laugh?
Well, I said, for I felt I must
I hate not men though I say
I detest is the word spelled right
But for all men, I pray
I pray not to lose a soul
The one I for once have loved
And trust my word, O the ghost of past
No memory at heart is betrayed
I love my loved, more than I tell
And I wish not for them to leave
And who doesn't even if a silent man
Doesn't like to walk in hands?
But yet I have chosen to break into the world of lies
And whenever I stand by you, in my belly start a million cries
For I alone in my silence perceive
That for each act I daily grieve
I know my ways and hence I fear
That the ways can lead to wars
So better it is to stay astray
And be the man whom no one wants
I know of them, listen, O questioner,
I know of them quite well
And even though I wish to speak
For years now, I've known better to rest.
For love alone, I cry each day
And for spreading love alone, we all live
But what good will my problems do to them
And it isn't you laughing that I shoo
Its a misery I say, the silence felt
And I know its a misery to them
But they have things of greater worth
Than a loner to sing.
| image from amazing interns |
Comments
Post a Comment