At the End of Silence - 5: The last shards of hope

The moon served the entree as the skies fell
I stood there cherishing the drops as they fell
In the sweet essence that the airs now held
Everything was silent
But the dark now left it grim
At this end of silence, the night had grown dim.

The rivers were filled with a flow like dew,
Honey dripped from astute trees
Which now flowered as the time moved
And in love, they hugged as the river gained its craze
And in it were washed my shards,
As I watched them flow in a daze.

The shards of that fallen sky -
They were washed in the sweet melody
Of the river's desire.
And in a moment's silence, all was alive
And  for that moment in silence
I didn't care for the moon or the sky.

Down the shards flew I saw,
And them were my glee and hope,
The moon gladly smiled I saw
I felt it was glad now that it could elope.
In a moment's shock did the tranquillity break
The moon spoke through now the silver lake.

Never had I a moment in myself to cherish
Never had I a chance to fly
All my life I still had bliss
For I helped the little ones not go astray.
The winds howled and the leaves chirped
 As the moon at its end, lurched.
 
And it smiled and a dewdrop fell
And down came the silver lake
And crashed into hell
The river, majestic
Still flowing in a craze
Widened its banks in a callous rage.

And before I knew, I was in the honey -
The moon swam by me
And for a moment I knew nothing sweet
Terror felt it  had another tale to tell
But for the love, the moon had shown so great
The river cried not for one but two that were dead.
         



Image result for moon
from freeimages.com

Comments