At the End of Silence-4 : The Moon in a shattered sky

Shattered was the sky
At this end on a silent night
And in silence spoke my heart
My dear, let us depart.

For at this end, I have
Lived a wait very long
For at this end, my thoughts
Have tread a gait oblong.

On that silent night, I stood
By the river that once flowed
And in the hush that I dwelt in that hour
All I heard from the ancient days was in the fear of airs - still.

The moon was there nonetheless
I felt glad at its show
And in the tranquil hour that I dwelt in then
My heart to the moon eloped.

The quietude that was there chilled all spines
The rivulets came not here at night
But the moon caught eyes
Standing in the shattered skies.

It looked down on me
And I looked up
The shattered glass looked
A labyrinth of peonies.

Knew it well the moon
And knew it well the onlooker
That the sky shall soon fall
And alone shall be left the confronting pals.

   Image result for light below shattered glass

Comments