As you fell down on the Meadows green
The skies shone and the clouds screamed
Never shall you return to the tales ye have sung
The songs shall be forgotten and by none be sung
I cried a lot that day
I cried when I saw you weep
And yet the songs were indeed now lost
And through a chapter in thy life you leaped
But I know a secret that you might like
That I watched you by the sun
And all your songs are safe with me
All the chimes you've rung
Me? I'm you - we've often met
By the pillow on your bed
The years of my life have been yours
And yours have always been mine.
The skies shone and the clouds screamed
Never shall you return to the tales ye have sung
The songs shall be forgotten and by none be sung
I cried a lot that day
I cried when I saw you weep
And yet the songs were indeed now lost
And through a chapter in thy life you leaped
But I know a secret that you might like
That I watched you by the sun
And all your songs are safe with me
All the chimes you've rung
Me? I'm you - we've often met
By the pillow on your bed
The years of my life have been yours
And yours have always been mine.

Comments
Post a Comment