A Song by the hills

Have you seen the dance of the ghost?
Often cited by men drunk with hope?
The skies go blue like the hues of wine,
The men? They call it the act of divine.

The mists call when you scale the sky
But vanishes in the blinks of the eye
It stays there but lost to touch
Alas! So do our days when memories lurch.

Of course I speak of the hilly terrain
May be in heart, maybe in disdain
But it is but just a mould of grain
But it is more than just moss and rain

When the eyes catch a glimpse of afar
The flutes and bells chime with the heart
And all that remains is a mellow sight -
My heart - I lost you in broad daylight.   

And when comes the time,
The winds now whine
The trees like cones -
In clouds they shine
And at this dusk - gay and sweet
There I sat - on a rock Earth had knead

Over me flew nothing but a gush from him
The rains soon fell -
Calling off the evening 



Comments