At the End of Silence -6 : The truth

Faces - how many do you have
Ye, the claimant of the winds?
Many, he said in sheer disdain
Not even once with a wink.

Many to smile, and many in pain
Many earnests, many with disdain.
Many to earn and many to lie
But many more because it keeps me alive.

Perplexed, I looked at him
Twitching a little by the eye.
He glared at me like a fallen beast
And then in a wink, he smiled.

He came forth and touched my face
And scared I moved back.
Smile - through it seemed warm on his eyes
I knew it was better if he stabbed.

His thin finger - long like a mage's wand
It touched my face and in a whim, I ran
I ran through the little corners of space
And through brooks, I readily swam.

Hideous did his touch feel to me,
I hid his touch from all
And when I reached little homestead of mine
I ran towards the mirror hall.

And in the mirrors, I saw myself
I saw myself and laughed.
Through the gazes that fell on me
I knew none at all.

That touch had done nothing - I knew
I just went to my room
Picked up a new face from the wardrobe
The old one? It was just ash left to the broom. 

Image result for mask free image

Comments