Death, Can I laugh in your face,
Oft have you done so for men.
They, the mortal have often cried over time
They, the mortals have yet never walked with time.
Death, May I smile on my fate?
For I have been given only a chance to live
And yet often have I daily dies
And yet often have I daily cried.
Death, Will you let me sing a song?
A song of a lovely dawn
A dawn that was fated for me in life
A dawn that after death shall be my sight?
Death, Could you allow me to be a bard?
So that I sing a song of a life aghast?
A life that should have had been for love
A life that withered away in spiteful dust.
Death, Let me be as lively as you.
To sing my songs while the time is due
Not pen on ink or type on plates
And live with life and die with you...
Comments
Post a Comment