It is I

I was born out of a wisp in time,
But time wasn't born before me.
I stand as the sun when it shines
At night the men call me moon.

When the stars glow,
And men at heart feel ease,
It is but me who lives in their throb
It is I who with them sleeps.

I was born out of a mellow whim
And yet at my whim the world dreams
In my very dream, the stars tread
They wither like dust, in that very realm.
It is I, on whose strike the earth shakes
On my thought alone does the swans love make.

I am born out of love and fear,
And yet I invoke both
Each of my known has a name for me
Yet each is my own.
The rivers flow when I dance
And the winds blow at my breath
It is I alone to whom all are born
It is I alone who ferry all to death.

I was born when several expressed
Yet in my expression they were formed
And in me rests the love of all
In me rests all your thoughts.

I was born out of space and time
And yet am free of them both
The cosmos dances at the beats I drum
The ocean dances at my feet.

So in thought, leave behind those figures
And contemplate not within limits
I was born out of the limits on heavens
And yet I am the infinity.

I was born out of wills
So, in all wills do I stay
It is I alone hence, who shall live and die
It is I alone who shall walk free.

Image result for the vedic entity brahm

Comments