It was just a day my friend,
I hope you shall forgive
For in the humiliation of age
I stood still
But let me tell you,
I was trying.
It was just a day my friend,
I hope thou shall know
That I am but a show
And the wrongs that I hold
Are but the ones I parry
And let me say it - I'm sorry.
It was just a day my friend,
A day I still find hard to speak
And you know that it's trouble for long
The profound ability to carry.
I hope it doesn't break
This glass of wine
A little yours, A little mine.

I hope you shall forgive
For in the humiliation of age
I stood still
But let me tell you,
I was trying.
It was just a day my friend,
I hope thou shall know
That I am but a show
And the wrongs that I hold
Are but the ones I parry
And let me say it - I'm sorry.
It was just a day my friend,
A day I still find hard to speak
And you know that it's trouble for long
The profound ability to carry.
I hope it doesn't break
This glass of wine
A little yours, A little mine.
Comments
Post a Comment