Tired?

PART THE FIRST

Down the steps by the University gate,
Stands a tree that leaves its leaves behind
As I walk down its veins
And as I touch its vines.
But it looks pale at days I tell,
It loses the usual vigour
And like I, the man broke in thoughts
It contemplates nothingness in glee. 

There is a way to daily tread
Nothing new on those lively threads
The sky burns and the music hums
But late at night, my feet are numb.
Tired, am I in a world of friends
Or tired is my world with little sense
A computer that sits all day by the table
And a mobile to hold with tags relatable.

Hours of sleep drain no pain
Sleep itself comes like some desert rain.
Tired, am I in a world of mischief
Or tired is my world with little to perceive.
The books lie on the table, now dead
My face lies on my arms, like a bed
After a chaotic piece of a humdrum day
I have little ears for a lot to say.

Tired, am I of this meaningful stance
Or is my stance tired with no meaning at bay?

Comments