At the End of Silence -8:The Descent

The Descent

I watched in a trance, as the red sun
Descended the purple sky.
The angels, on the clouds they stood
Watching the swans, in their glee, fly.

(Who knows what the sun means
Especially when red
The slow descent down the hues of heavens
Might just be the fall of dread)

That seems so long ago
Even though it's yesterday's tale
The birds, the leaves, the winds now dead
I know not of their potential fate.

The angels cried as the leaves down fell
Reminiscing of some holy gospel
The birds were no longer in sight,
And to some happy place had made a steady flight.

The sun was still there, I knew
Somewhere in the dread, light, it hid
But where it was is rhetoric now
For the clouds have never parted for the sky to be lit.

The golden sun, in trance, turned red
And in my eyes, I saw it descend
And never again did I see it rise
All I saw was my own demise.



Image result for sunset

Comments