I remember
Do you remember that one promise I made
Long ago when we were on a trip of a daze?
I dazed into the loneliness to which the leaves fall,
I dazed far into the way the winds don't talk.
I promised I won't fall off our tree
I'll let our love only grow and be.
Do you remember the promise I promised to keep?
Long ago when we were on a trip to peep?
I peeped through the narrow shells of the nut
I peeped through its hard-felt crust.
I promised I'd be tender like the meat of the fruit
I'll never hide in the shells with time however brute.
Do you remember the promise I made in the park
Long ago when we were on a trip to understand the world stark?
I understood that the world is but a cycle to our ends
I understood that it is never late enough to make amends.
I promised I'll never stop your thoughts and your words
I'll always be there to accept with shrugs.
Do you remember, my dear mate,
Long ago when we're on a trip to date?
I spoke of my inner fears,
I spoke how easy it is for me to fall down dear.
You promised you'll hold me when my world falls down
You'll always be there close and around.
Do you remember, my friend dear and close,
Long ago when we were on a trip through some prose?
I read my favourite lines of hope
I sang my favourite songs as if a dope.
You promised that though life is actually hard,
You'll help me hold my little hope shards.
Of course, I remember,
of course, You do,
But in this relation of September
There's been a lot to brood.
I promise I still hope of light,
You know you show the same through your eyes?

Comments
Post a Comment