This Mother Of Mine


She’s crazy I say, this mother of mine
She’s crazy like she always was
She beats a lot about the bush to say
And often she is stupid as wine.

Little does she understand,
My words, my calls and my cries.
And yet when tears roll my eyes
Her name comes to my tries.

When I was a kid, I remember my words
Were often like her own
When I visited college, one thing I knew
My character was largely her shown.

When I went to school, she complained a lot
She even does it now
But when I come back to home for some months to ‘rest’
I have never felt ill on my brow.

She is crazy, I tell you
For in her so-called love she cried
Her tears fell when I was moving out
Just like mine do in her wait.

I live in a hostel now,
And I know she seldom comes
And she lives with the walls now
Awaiting only the days I come.

Comments