Sing me a song


Sing me a song, O night
Sing me a song of the sea tides
That when sleep comes
And sits by my side,
I can rest in ease in its arms
It shall too, in glee - glide.

Sing me a song, O friend
Sing me a song of the evening.
When in silence or in chaos we lived
And through penury, we stayed
Sing me a song that celebrates
All that whimsical time.

Sing me a song, O the distant one
Sing me a message from far
When we live and yet cannot meet
And when sing me of your stars
So I shall know of your well-being and have
Faith that our love hasn't broken to shards.

Sing me a song, and I shall return
You a song in debt
And when the sun sets at our sight
Let's sing our songs to the evening stars
And they shall carry it to through the skies
To the Lord who keeps them bright.


We Wrote You a Hand-Washing Song: Listen Up - The New York Times

Comments