Loss : Childhood

You know what?
As a kid, I was
often scared of the dark;
the irony is that I still am
but cannot show the fear apart.
As a kid, I loved to dance
and still do, in both pain and glee
but the nani songs have been 
outdated
and the world is just too bore.
You know what,
long ago, I met a new kid
on the street by the gully
and within an hour,
he was the captain of
the newly formed cricket team!
I just met a guy some time back
and I loved him to the core,
but differences come like some desert breeze
and our ways went stray, I was told.
Let me tell you, 
I still long, long for some pretty good sleep
and a bat and a ball and a bunch of friends
to set upon a window-panes crash spree.
Let me just speak,
I want to go back those streets of Colaba,
and maybe eat some samosas till I squelch;
play on the swings and slides again
and just sleep in peace all night
and on sundays, at afternnons bright!

Comments