God knows what a wall would speak
What it saw, and through what it peeked.
Maybe the crawls of morning child
Or the fits of the noon
Or maybe the wear of the evening stride
Or of the night of doom.
They shall cry out when I got not wet
In the showers that the skies brought
But what if they cry not but wail
When they see me losing to ego frail?
Or maybe in silence whine
Over a jealous myself when others shine.
But I know maybe they smile
Often when they see me trying
Trying to smile when the ways go harsh
Trying to align when the ways change fast
And in that smile is a sight of I
From advent to the time they die.
God knows what a wall would say
If it speaks to me for something to lay?
I am someone who grew in me
I am not what they saw through me
I am not what the heavens devised
And not just in the skin, but essentially.
What it saw, and through what it peeked.
Maybe the crawls of morning childOr the fits of the noon
Or maybe the wear of the evening stride
Or of the night of doom.
They shall cry out when I got not wet
In the showers that the skies brought
But what if they cry not but wail
When they see me losing to ego frail?
Or maybe in silence whine
Over a jealous myself when others shine.
But I know maybe they smile
Often when they see me trying
Trying to smile when the ways go harsh
Trying to align when the ways change fast
And in that smile is a sight of I
From advent to the time they die.
God knows what a wall would say
If it speaks to me for something to lay?
I am someone who grew in me
I am not what they saw through me
I am not what the heavens devised
And not just in the skin, but essentially.
Comments
Post a Comment