Years ago, by the stream, atop that rocky cliff, I saw
the stars that shone were shunned by the light
in which the line of the city was drawn.
It is beautiful - this city I live in,
it was beautiful, the city where I stayed.
And I still yearn for its glaze, I know - the city calls me till day.
The people were family in the smaller quarters,
they were too friendly in the larger ones.
But in the zone by the road and the gusty winds - I have known none till day.
This city, I tell you is full of life, and yet is the one walking dead.
Here people and their candles gather at the voice of crime
yet, here people have learnt no sympathy till day.
This city - it's adorable, it's sassy and it is alive
it makes the poor yearn for a life
and the rich yearn to move away.
This city, I saw years ago, in another, I still live
by the stream atop that rocky cliff, I saw
the sunrise and the slums rise in the darker bay.
Comments
Post a Comment